- Thursday 10:00 - 5:00
- Virtual Appointments available any day of the week. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Hannah, Waterloo Registered Dietitian
Rachel Hannah brings 10 years of clinical experience and services with leadership in Nutritional Goal and Action Planning including:
- Providing the latest Evidence-Based Sports Nutrition expertise learned from the Two-year International Olympic Committee (IOC) Diploma in Sports Nutrition, Graduated December 2019.
- ISAK Level 1 Certificate, Anthropometry (Body Composition).
- Sport-specific expertise in Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport (RED-S), iron deficiency, bone health and gastrointestinal health.
- Works with High Performance athletes, the Integrated Support Team and Coaches at the University of Guelph to develop and deliver world-class nutrition support in the daily training environment, assess body composition management, conduct dietary assessments to determine nutritional requirements, and develop evidence-based nutrition plans focused on the needs of the sport and the athlete. Has worked with a range of Teams and Individual Athletes such as: Football, Soccer, Swimming, Rowing, Track & Field (Athletics Canada), Cross-Country Running, Basketball, Rugby and Nordic Ski.
- Extensive experience in Endurance Sport Consultations, fueling for the full distance in Road Racing, Marathon, Triathlon, Multi-Sport.
- Speed/Power Consultations, maximizing output for the mass-driven athlete.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Acceptance-Based Behavioural approach to Weight Management.
- Individual Periodized Nutrition Planning for Athletes and Community Health Members
Rachel Hannah puts her clinical knowledge to applied use as a Distance Runner, having won 5 Athletics Canada National Championships in Road Racing, Track and Cross Country, and has represented Canada on the National Senior Team internationally 8 Times. She has been the First Canadian in the Boston Marathon (2017) and won a Bronze Medal in the 2015 Pan Am Games Marathon. She is currently still pursing Elite Athletics in distances ranging from the 5000m to the Marathon, and with a focus on Road Racing.