Chiropractic care during pregnancy
Prenatal and postpartum chiropractic care involves a thorough health history, physical exam and biomechanical assessment to understand your specific needs and concerns. Then, prenatalx and postpartum chiropractic care will often involve a customized manual therapy plan including soft tissue therapy and gentle joint manipulation if indicated along with a customized exercise plan specific to your diagnosis.
Prenatal Chiropractic Care
Postpartum and prenatal chiropractic care
Some common conditions pre and postpartum chiropractic care can help with include:
- Low Back pain (80% of pregnant women experience back pain, and 75% experience it up to a year after pregnancy!)
- Diastasis recti
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Neck tension and headaches
- Shoulder / rotator cuff pain
… and so much more!
Dr. Taylor Huehn, BKIN (HONS), DC
Prenatal & Postpartum Chiropractor in Waterloo.
Dr. Taylor is a chiropractor on our team who has taken a very special interest in women’s health and the health of moms. She is a first-time mom to a beautiful little girl, who has taught her the importance of taking care of herself to show up as the best mom she can be.
Some of her past experiences include:
- Kinesiology undergraduate degree from WLU
- 4th year chiropractic intern at CMCC, now working with Dr. Delanghe for her final clinical rotation
- Experience in pregnancy rehabilitation as a kinesiologist in a multidisciplinary clinic
- Stroller fit instructor and CSEP Personal Trainer
- Special interests in: neurological conditions (experience working with spinal cord injuries, muscular dystrophy, and Parkinson’s disease)